Rupee firms on strong euro, Asian peers
The rupee strengthened on Thursday on the back of a strong euro and gains in Asian currencies, dealers said.
At 10:20 a.m., the partially convertible rupee was at 45.5625/5700 per dollar, firmer than the previous close close of 45.69/71.
The euro clung near a two-month high in Asian trade after the U.S. Federal Reserve showed no haste to scale back its easy policy, disappointing some dollar bulls who had expected slightly more hawkish language.
The dollar index, a measure of the greenback's performance against six major currencies, was down 0.19 percent at 77.751 points.
"The euro's gain against the dollar could also add to the rupee's strength," said a dealer, who forecast the rupee to move in a range of 45.50/75.
Some dollar buying by importers around 45.60 may be seen, dealers said.
Indian shares were trading down 0.4 percent amid tapering interest from foreign funds.
Rubric news: Economy
- Группа UDP намерена построить индустриальный парк в Белой ЦерквиСегодня 14:02 | Экономика
- Медведев "успокоил" крымских пенсионеров: Денег нет, держитесь тутСегодня 10:10 | Экономика
- Владелец "Эльдорадо" продал банк "Михайловский" накануне банкротстваСегодня 10:10 | Экономика
- Director of All Biz Ltd extended his warmest wishes to clients and partners of the company for The New Year.10 Jan 2012 12:59 | Economy
- China still No 1 gold producer11 Feb 2011 09:55 | Economy
- Open up economy: US to India11 Feb 2011 09:51 | Economy